Research on sensors platforms and their applications is supported by advanced laboratory and computing facilities throughout the Faculty of Engineering and Design at Carleton University and at Algonquin College. The facilities enable research work and support projects that span a wide range of investigations from the sensor device level to systems that incorporate and integrate large number of and networks of heterogeneous sensors.
The main research facility is comprised of 10,000 sq. ft. advanced research laboratories housed in the AP building at Carleton University that support research work on photonics, laser, optoelectronics and electromechanical sensors and micro-electronics. Facilities and equipment are available for the fabrication of sensors, integrated circuits and interfaces, and signal analysis, processing and measurements.
|The Centre for Photonics Fabrication and Research at Carleton University|
Research on sensors and their applications is supported in the main AP building and in additional facilities by specialized laboratories including:
- The Optoelectronics and Photonics Laboratory at Carleton University
- The Laser and Photonics Laboratory at Algonquin College
- The Fire Safety Engineering Laboratory of Carleton University
- The Biomedical Research Laboratory at Carleton University
- The Texas Instruments Embedded Processing Laboratory at Carleton University